Dr Gordian Gaeta, Chairman, Wealth & Society Programme
Opening Inspirational Speech from Ms. Toyin F Sanni,Chief Executive Officer, Emerging Africa Group, Investment Banker, Lawyer, Chartered Secretary, Stockbroker, and Author with over thirty years of experience in Finance, Investment Banking and Investor Services
West Africa’s number of high net-worth individuals (HNWI) has been increasing in the recent years. The wealth sector is facing new opportunities but there are also some challenges needed to be addressed. The main factors threatening wealth creation over the past decade include succession and inheritance, wealth taxes and the global economy. In this opening session we talk with experts about the current wealth management landscape challenges and perspectives for the near future.
- Analyzing appropriate and innovative ways to address the challenges present in the current wealth management and private banking system
- What do regulators and financial institutions need to do to stop African HNWI migrating or bringing their funds to foreign destinations such as the UK, Switzerland or Dubai?
- The introduction of technology and innovations in the wealth management industry
- How to achieve successful family transitions and succession planning
- Wealth creation for upcoming generations
- The impact of Trump’s America First on Africa